Centers of Excellence
Miller Children’s features eight major "centers of excellence" with 7 inpatient care centers, located within the hospital, support services such as radiology and infusion and has more than 30 specialties in its outpatient specialty centers across the region:
- Miller Children’s is home to one of the largest Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) in California, treating more than 60 high-risk infants daily, many of whom are transferred from more than 20 hospitals.
- Pediatric surgery at Miller Children’s cares for children from newborns to young adults, who need common or complex surgical treatments. Pediatric surgeons at Miller Children’s are at the forefront of pediatric minimally invasive surgery, conducting laparoscopic, thoracoscopic and the latest single-incision laparoscopic procedures.
- The Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Center provides quality, compassionate care to children with cancer, sickle cell disease and other serious blood disorders, while integrating new research efforts into treatment plans allowing patients access to the latest therapies and technologies. The Center is known for its comprehensive psychosocial programs and
multi-disciplinary care teams.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides care to toddlers, children and teenagers who become critically ill or injured, have severe respiratory conditions and may require constant monitoring.
- The pediatric cardiology program offers a wide range of diagnostics, treatment and follow-up care to patients – newborns to young adults – with congenital heart defect or acquired heart disease.
- Miller Children’s general pediatrics care center treats children who need primary care, need specialty care or help manage a chronic illness, such as asthma and diabetes.
- The BirthCare Center at Miller Children’s has been named “one of the safest places to have a baby.” And, should the need arise, expectant moms can feel confident that as part of
Miller Children’s, the Center has access to a level III neonatal intensive care unit (highest level) under the same roof.
- The Outpatient Specialty Centers at Miller Children’s is a major referral center for outpatient pediatric specialty care, offering more than 30 sub-specialties.