Cancer & Blood Disorders - Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Center (JJCCC)
Miller Children’s Physicians, Family and Friends Unite to Conquer Childhood Cancer
Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Center (JJCCC)
JJCCC has comprehensive psychosocial programs and a multi-disciplinary care team that follows a cancer or blood disorder patient from the time of admission, through their stay in the hospital and throughout their follow-up care in the outpatient setting — including physical therapists, dietitians and even pediatric dentists. JJCCC’s strong emphasis on integrating new research efforts into treatment plans allows patients access to leading therapies.
Miller Children’s & Women's Hospital Long Beach Stands Apart:
- Miller Children’s & Women's Hospital Long Beach has one of the only Stroke Clinics in the region, treating children who suffer from strokes as young as under the age of one.
- Survival rates for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) consistently meet or exceed national averages.
- The JJCCC at Miller Children’s not only enrolls their patients in tumor registries and clinical trials,
but also enrolls in a unique hemophilia registry.
- JJCCC is a regional leader in psychosocial programs, including having their very own Child Life specialist, psychologists and social workers dedicated exclusively to cancer and blood disorder patients.
- JJCCC has their very own art therapist, who is specially trained in working with children with
life-threatening cancer and serious blood disorders to help them use art to show how they feel.
- Through the Late Effects “Star” Program, the JJCCC is following every single one of their former patients for follow-up care and treatment, with former patients returning from outside
Southern California at least every two years to participate.