Miller Children’s wants our parents and their families to feel empowered in making health care decisions for their child by providing resources, support and access to the necessary tools they need. Miller Children’s also encourages parents and families to feel prepared to manage their child’s illness once they leave the hospital.
Many of these resources are available to patients and their families during their child’s hospitalization and even after their child is discharged:
- The Family Resource Centers are available to families of pediatric patients in the hospital and families in the community who have children with special needs.
- Patient & Family Education Committee works with parents to create education packets for home management care for children with chronic illnesses that can be located in the Health Library.
- The Parent Advisory Board advocates for patients and their families and also pairs parents up with other parent mentors in the Parent-to-Parent Mentor Program.
- Miller Children’s has many family comforts around the medical campus for your families needs.
- A list of restaurants that delivers to Miller Children’s is available for parents and their families and a Local Guide can help parents find things to do close by the hospital if they need a break.