Pediatric Orthopedic Center
Bones heal differently in children than adults. Because kids are constantly growing and developing, they need “specialized pediatric orthopedic care” that only a children’s hospital, like Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach can provide.
The Pediatric Orthopedic Center at Miller Children’s offers “total orthopedic care,” meaning a group of board-certified orthopedic surgeons — specializing in a wide-range of orthopedic sub-specialties work together to cover the entire pediatric orthopedic spectrum.
Miller Children’s Pediatric Orthopedic Center offers fully integrated, state-of-the-art, orthopedic care for children from birth to 21 years of age with developmental disorders, congenital, neuromuscular and post-traumatic problems of the musculoskeletal system.
The Pediatric Orthopedic Center has programs in a wide-range of orthopedic specialties for growing children and teens:
- Foot & Lower Extremities
- Hand & Upper Extremities
- Hip Deformities & Reconstruction
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Spine Deformities & Scoliosis
- Sports Medicine
Why You Should Choose Miller Children’s
- Five board-certified orthopedic surgeons, who are specially trained in different areas of pediatric orthopedics, allow for “total pediatric orthopedic care and surgery.” More than 600 pediatric orthopedic surgeries are performed at Miller Children's each year.
Leading Scoliosis Care
- The Pediatric Orthopedic Center has a leading spinal deformities program, including advanced scoliosis treatment. It is the only spinal deformities program in Long Beach and one of only four in Southern California.
Advanced Hip Surgery
- Miller Children’s orthopedic surgeons specialize in hip reconstructive surgery, which often can delay or eliminate the need for a total hip replacement in children.
- The Clubfoot Clinic specializes in the Ponseti Method, which is the standard for the treatment of clubfoot – a congenital foot abnormality. Miller Children’s is one of only a handful of hospitals offering this cutting-edge, non-surgical treatment.
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery in a Center Designed Just for Kids
- With seven state-of-the-art operating rooms designed just for kids, a pre-op playroom, and a renowned medical team of board-certified pediatric orthopedic surgeons, Miller Children’s Pediatric Surgical Center is staffed and equipped to handle virtually any type of pediatric orthopedic operation, all while helping to lessen fears and anxieties of patients and their families.